2008-03-01

ice age remembered


stockholm by waves

I thought it would be a sneak preview of things to come. Some artificial winter before the real one sets in, I told myself in December while visiting the ice oval in the King's Garden (Kungsträdgården). I was dead wrong. The real winter had a change of plans and traveled elsewhere this year so we'd better cherish what memories we have of snowflakes, slippery roads and - of course - ice skating in the city. Here's another clip, enjoy! (2007-12-16)
E' de' det här du kallar vinter?

2 comments:

Meg said...

You know, the rest of America makes fun of Minnesotans for saying "Yaaaah, Yaaah" although we really don't? I think it was portrayed in the movie "Fargo". I swear at around 13 seconds, I heard real Swedish people say "Yah" but it sure didn't sound like "Yaaaaah...." Or was it "Y'all!"

stromsjo said...

And three times too! "Yes" in Swedish is "ja". But half the people on that ice oval were tourists so I'm not really sure what kind of "yah"/"yaaaah"/"ja" it was. One interesting effect with this clip is that people more around the oval so you hear a word or two out of a conversation and they're gone. Except of course for those standing who don't dare try the ice. Some of them carry microphones as an excuse... ;)